Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Atkinson, Nebraska Lifestyle and Art Photographer: Finding The Light...In the Middle Of The Day.

Lighting is the most crucial element of making an image.  Finding the light is one of the hardest skills to master in photography, and I am far from mastering it. Every photographer knows that the golden hours of photography are close to dawn and close to dusk, and every photographer knows the absolute worst light is found in mid-day.  So, what did I do?  I took the challenge to go "find the light" at 1:30 PM.  My model Tasha agreed to brave the AWFUL heat and humidity in order to help me scout out some good light (thanks Teej, you're a super star!)





Sometimes the difference between good light and bad light is 90 degrees (in direction, not temperature!)


Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Katrina Lee Photography is a professional custom photography business specializing in natural light and location portraiture as well as fine art portraiture.