Saturday, February 20, 2010

Project 52 Week 8: Nomination for upcoming NeWP Spotlight Writer Website



So, I was off this week because of the craziness that has been my school life right now. Then, to top it off, I had to go in for another injection into my SI joint...hopefully this time it works and I will be able to get back to the gym! Anyway, last week I was so excited after getting an email from the Nebraska Writing Project asking me if I would be willing to be the upcoming "Spotlight Writer" for the NeWP website. Needless to say, I was flattered and scurried around trying to find a piece I could submit to the site. Then they asked for a "writing related photo" of me. Seeing as how I am ALWAYS the one behind the camera, not in front of it, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and do my self-portrait for the OHS HOT SHOTS photography club I help sponsor. I am more pleased with this one. The journal is my favorite one. It is a rugged little book, made of recycled paper and burlap. I don't know why it spoke to me from the discount bin at Barnes and Noble, but it has served me well for almost 6 years now. This little book holds some deep thoughts, some simple observations, some emotional outbursts, some wonderful quotes, but most importantly, it holds honesty. It is one of the few things I can always go to when I need to pour myself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Katrina Lee Photography is a professional custom photography business specializing in natural light and location portraiture as well as fine art portraiture.