Monday, October 11, 2010

Atkinson, Nebraska Lifestyle and Art Photographer: Illustrating Identity: "This Is Me" Photo Shoot- Session 4 {Tapanga}

Meet Tapanga.  I can't help it, every time I say her name I think of the 90's show "Boy Meets World".  I LOVED that show, and I was OBSESSED with Tapanga's beautiful hair!  It is a wonderfully unique name, and Tapanga (this Tapanga) is a wonderfully unique girl.



When I was thinking about doing this photo project, I asked around for some names of local students who illustrated the qualities of uniqueness, committment, perseverence, and a strong work ethic and belief system.  Tapanga's name was given to me a few times, and though I had not met her person, I was aware of many of the activities that she was involved in.  This year, however, I have been fortunate, in that I have her as a student!  She is a hard worker, a thoughtful young lady, and it is a pleasure to have her in class.

Tapanga and I worked hard to find a time that was going to work for this photo session.  As many teens are this time of year, she was a very busy young lady.  Between school work, volleyball, and church activities, she keeps very.  A young lady whose faith plays a central role in her life, Tapanga talked to me about choosing to live a Christ centered life.  Her faith is something that keeps her grounded, and a quote she sent to me illustrates this faith best..."Never let you're praying knees get lazy."





She believes in faith and hard work, so I asked her to send me some of her favorite sayings that illustrate these beliefs, so here you go!

"Dream until the dream comes true."

"Life is so much more than what you're eyes are seeing."

"I am strong because I am weak. I am beautiful because I know my flaws. I am a lover because I am a fighter. I am fearless because I have been afraid. I am wise because I have been foolish and I can laugh because I have known sadness."

"I've seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn't ever end, even when the sky is falling. I've seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new, that's what faith can do."- Kutless



Thanks for letting me make these beautiful images Tapanga; you are as lovely on the inside as you are on the outside!

1 comment:

  1. What a stunningly beautiful girl... made even more so by her passion for her faith and her heavenly Father. Gorgeous captures by the photographer, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Katrina Lee Photography is a professional custom photography business specializing in natural light and location portraiture as well as fine art portraiture.